1. Our aches, pains, and worries evaporate into nothing 95% of the time.
2. We all get to ask deep, powerful questions and have opportunities to hear perspectives from each other in real time.
3. We all frequently open up and share personal details about our life. The classroom is a safe place.
4. We regularly learn new perspectives and gain insights from each other.
5. We are really good at discussing “hot button” issues in friendly, powerful ways.
6. Wonderful surprises always await and conversations veer in many different directions, including to the “off topic.”
7. We have the academic freedom to teach each other and to discuss what and how works best for us as a group and for our course.
8. College is not required.
9. The latest technology isn’t needed (and sometimes is a hindrance!) for effective teaching and learning.
10. Classrooms are one of the few places in society where deep, intellectual conversations are not demonized but welcomed and celebrated.
11. We all get to see “light bulb” moments in each other and even have them together.